Monday, January 5, 2009

Hi, my name is Sean.

Though most of you reading this are probably coming over from my Myspace blog, I thought I'd use this first blogspot post to give you a little background on myself. By now you might have figured out that my name is Sean Flaherty. I was born on my birthday (which is cool because it's a lot easier to remember). You want to know where I grew up? I'll tell you where: someplace warm; a place where the beer flows like wine; where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. That's right, I'm talking about a little place called Southie. Later I moved to Middleboro right around the time my voice started to sound like Bobby Brady during Season 4 of the 'Brady Bunch.'

After high school I went to THE ( Ohio State stole it) Connecticut School Of Broadcasting which was cool even though the Basketball team never made it past the Elite Eight. I got my start over at WEEI as a intern and then stuck around another few months without anyone noticing. It was a good time and I met my share of famous people that I
would name but I'm not a name dropper. So anyway, one day at EEI me, Tom Brady, Curt Schilling, and Paul Pierce were drinking a few beers when they said, "Sean you need to find a spot on the dial where people can hear your voice." (I was drinking a lot that day so more than likely it was just two random white guys in a Pats/Sox Jerseys and a black guy in a Celts jersey, but either way they got to me).

That's how I ended up over WBOS which at the time was launching an HD radio station. There I co-hosted 'The KC & Flaherty Show' with a nice fella by the name of Kevin Campion. We clicked instantly (think Zack Morris and Screech). Before we knew it 10 months had gone by before BOS said I was too damn good for HD radio and told me to spread my wings and move on. By move on I mean they changed the format to computers that play music with no actual programming which in the long run has made the station a lot better.

I spent the next few months working on my personal memoirs until this past August when I began co-hosting the Sportsblast on 1510 the zone with Joey Murr. The chemistry was instant and undeniable - like Brady to Moss (I have better hands so that makes me Moss). From there we decided to take the show daily which is where you can now hear the Sports Blast every morning on WBNW 1120 am.

I have also been on ESPN's 'Stump The Schawb' where I lost, but it was still a great experience considering only 48 people in the country got to make it...and now I'm done bragging. I root for all the Boston teams in the four major sports. When it comes to college teams I root for Notre Dame in Football and Duke in basketball.

So there you have it. If you want to read my perspective on all things sports then check back daily as I plan to post 7 days a week. So put this in the books as post # 1 and lets see what 2009 has in store for all us sports fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment